In Prepration For Your Tour
- Carrillo Ranch is a large Park (27 acres). Distances from the parking lot to the Visitors Center or to the Hacienda and points in between are quite lengthy. Those whose strength is impaired by age or disability may find touring the site overtaxing.
- Come prepared. Dress sensibly. The terrain is uneven in certain areas. Sturdy shoes and appropriate clothing are musts. Some may wish to carry bottled water if the weather is hot and/or muggy.
- Some slopes are steep. Pathways have been dressed with decomposed granite and can be slippery. Especially avoid the roadway between the parking lot and the Caretakerâ€™s Cottage. Use the paved ADA ramp as a safer alternative.
- Historic buildings may be closed â€“ unless you are with a group that has made advance docent arrangements or you are taking a scheduled weekend tour. Closure is to protect the interiors and their artifacts. However, there is plenty to see from outside the buildings and elsewhere in the Park. Come anyway and enjoy.
- Inclement weather is a factor. The pathways can become impassable when wet. Donâ€™t be disappointed. Call ahead (760.476.1042) for information.
- Touch and remove nothing. Everything you see is public property. Please leave it behind for the next visitor in the same condition you found it. Thank you.
From the parking lot go to the west end of the white fence along the north rim. Make an immediate right turn onto the paved, gently sloped ADA Switch back ramp. Descend to the valley floor.